15 years ago, I changed the build-in 1.8inch 40pin ZIF PATA Hard-drive of the OQO model 02 to a Sandisk Extreme IV CF card, it was sure something new at the time, and time flies to 2023, flash storage sure has greatly improved (so is everything, other than human beings)
This time, I opt to go for a 40pin ZIF converter to mSATA SSD, to be precise, a 128GB Samsung PM871 mSATA SSD.
By specs, it sure is a waste for such mSATA SSD to be use with PATA in the OQO 02 (400MB/s read for the SSD limited by the 133MB/s over PATA) , but I choose this path as ZIF SSD are getting hard to come across, and I still believe a SSD controller would do better wear compare to a CF, most importantly, I obtain the SSDs by lot at US$12each (I recall seeing the invoice of that Sandisk Extreme IV 8GB CF some years ago when I clean the invoice pile up, it was around US$175 back in 2008)
128GB Samsung PM871 mSATA on a OQO02
Now the OQO02 is working well even with Windows 7 SP1 installed.
Side note, due to how the BIOS on the OQO02 was designed (at the time installing OS from USB was still something new), it is not possible to install Windows 7 by USB Thumb drive, it will hang and fail to install, DVD has to be burnt and install directly from a USB DVD ROM.
I was chatting with mate C over a dinner meet up mentioning I am recently back to retro UMPC for fun, he asked did I used to have a OQO? that trigger me to do some dig on the thrift market, and to my surprise, I ran into some new old stock someone left in a warehouse somewhere for all these years.
So, hell yes, let’s go back in the memory lane, and let’s have some fun with this piece of history again, after these 16 years!
Recently I was redo-ing some older code with feed RSS to Twitter, decided to go for node-red since it is simple and I have a node-red setup in the Google Cloud Compute Engine.
I couldn’t get the Twitter output to work, the AUTH part in the UI always complaining error 401, the node-red-node-twitter module tries to do a callback AUTH and it fails.
Digging more seems Twitter has discontinue the on the site callback oAUTH method recently.
Notice the module that was installed with the node-red was very very old (0.1.1) and there seems to be some recently update (because of the change), so I update that module to the latest version and it solve my issue.
By going into /usr/local/lib/node_modules/node-red, editing the config.json and change the dependency from 0.1.* to 1.*, sudo npm update node-red-node-twitter updated the module as expected.
You will also need the consumer key and access token key pair for the AUTH UI in node-red, you can generate them in https://dev.twitter.com/apps/
After installing email@example.com, I am given input field to put in my consumer key, secret and access token, secret and I am able to use the Twitter output.